Personal Mission Statement
Personal Mission Statement
Languages / Technology / Skills
C / C++ / C#
C / C++ / C#
Jack-of-all-trades, master of most
- Helping small businesses overcome tech challenges and reducing their cost to operate online
- Business and IT consulting
- Providing personally tailored consulting services to other freelancers on topics like contract negotiation, obtaining professional liability insurance, dispute resolution, invoicing, portfolio building, and networking
Graphic Designer / Software Engineer / Content Creator
- Kept my skills sharp with the FTFY challenge in addition to taking on small client projects
- Worked on a mobile / web app that allows users to manage mental health issues like depression and anxiety (ready for beta by 12/2019!)
- Provided personally tailored consulting services to other freelancers
- Managed branding strategies, website / app / software development, and marketing campaigns for 18 clients in the US, Canada, Germany, and Taiwan
- Identified and eliminated wasteful spending to help clients re-invest in conversion-driving creative marketing efforts
- Refined user experiences through rigorous research, auditing, and testing
Creative Director / Senior Web Developer
- Oversaw website development, redesigns, and marketing campaigns for over 60 clients worldwide
- Led teams of 4-13 people in large and small projects requiring ongoing design / development maintenance
- Developed several premium themes for WordPress
- Oversaw the development of online community infrastructure for three high-profile clients, two of which were gaming communities
- Produced several explainer videos in Adobe AfterEffects and Flash for a variety of products and services
- Leveraged client social media profiles by developing a method of “reach triage” that quickly increased organic reach
- Identified and eliminated wasteful spending to help clients re-invest in creative marketing efforts
- Provided on-site training seminars for clients’ staff when implementing new CMS or marketing strategies
Lead UX / UI Developer
Second Tail, Inc
- Developed websites, web applications, and mobile sites for over 100 non-profits, NGOs, and struggling small businesses.
- Developed and marketed several premium themes for WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla! generating nearly $1M in non-profit funding over four years.
- Provided graphic art, design, and re-branding services to non-profits and struggling small businesses / professionals, helping to increase visibility in a saturated post-recession market.
- Designed and developed three iOS / Android 2D platformers as part of an engagement strategy.
- Merged with Popeyed Studios in 2013
Freelance UX / UI Developer & Graphic Artist
Wicked Bit Design
- Developed websites and brand identities for small to medium sized businesses and individuals.
- Worked on a few long-distance projects, and also offered consulting / proofreading services to other freelancers.
- Took on IT projects, computer repair, and software training (Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office).
- Set up some white label reseller services to obtain some regular, passive income streams.
Internet Marketing Consultant
- Performed deep analysis of website and email marketing campaigns and made fixes and changes to website and campaigns as needed
- Used A/B testing to increase conversion and donation rates by more than 13%
- Worked on one of my favorite global, feminist initiatives – the Because I Am A Girl campaign
Senior FE / UX Web Developer
- Curtain-Wall rebranded as ToolLab and asked me to return for a few months to develop a fully rebranded website that was optimized for user experience.
- Developed and implemented a new design to increase site navigability and overall user experience.
- Improved product display and checkout leading to a significant increase in conversions.
- Developed automated engagement and drip campaigns to increase traffic and conversions.
Art & Marketing Director
- Redesigned and maintained company product catalogs for customers and dealerships
- Developed company website, introducing an ordering system for dealerships and wholesale partners to order free collateral online when they needed it, significantly reducing print waste
- Provided seamless migration of corporate email and internal web sites to Google Apps for Business while the program was still in beta
- Reduced the cost of servers, MX exchange, and web hosting by 82%
- Developed and managed promotions, crowning achievement was a co-promotion with Boch during their President’s Day sale that increased sales and revenues that quarter by more than 30% with minimal investment
Software Developer Track (FE / BE Development)
I am currently enrolled in their part-time program. This is an unusual move for someone with my background, I know. But I was falling behind in some of the newer technologies and frameworks and wanted to hone my skills as a developer.
Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Extension Studies
- Concentration in Government
- Minors in Philosophy and Mathematics
- Acting Vice President of Harvard Extension International Relations Club 2014
Bristol Community College
Associate of Liberal Arts
- Anime Club & Bristol CC Gaming Association
Have 15 minutes? Let's talk!
I've recently restarted my own business working with other small businesses and non-profits! If you'd like to know how I can help you save time, money, and heartache on your next web project, just pick a time slot in my schedule and I'll give you a call!
Or email me here!
Leave your contact details and info about your project here and let's see if I'm a good fit!